Sunday is now my new baking day, replacing every other day of the week. This has the bonus of meaning that we actually have bread for ourselves, something that was very often missed when I was baking commercially.
Of course making sourdough means that I have to start preparing the starter on Saturday but that's only 5 minutes work.
Saturday morning I took 20g of spelt starter from the fridge and added 20g each of flour and water, making 60g. On Saturday evening I added 60g each of flour and water making 180g of starter for use on Sunday.
Sunday morning at 6am the dough was made with 670g water, 1030g flour, the starter, 20g salt and 90g Agave Syrup.
I folded it three times at 7,8 and 9 am and shaped at 11.
At 15.30 I put two 3 litre Dutch Ovens in my oven to warm to 240°C and at 16.45 I placed the now well risen dough in them.
I'm going to amend this method next time as I always get a problem at this point. The dough never falls correctly into the D.O.
Anyway after 30 minutes lidded and then 15 more unlidded at 200°C the bread was cooked.
PIty about the shape but the taste more than made up for it.
As you can see it has a close crumb, maybe not a sourdough for the purists but at least there is something solid to put the butter on.