This time I worked out that by the time I had finished mixing the last batch, the first would be ready to shape. And because the batches were smaller I could shape one in the same time as it had taken to mix, so each would be ready to shape when I had finished the last.
It all worked like a dream, I started mixing at 05215 and finished at 0630. I shaped continuously and with two oven had room for 60 rolls to bake at a time. So no bottleneck there either.
I finished at just before 9 and had them delivered by 10.
I had to check them out on sale and they seemed to be going well,
I saw several being eaten, always a good sign.
Naomi and Eamon came down for the weekend as well, I made Sourdough Croissants and tried a Pain au Chocolate as well. Instead of cutting Croissant shapes I scattered chocolate chips over the rolled dough and made sausage shapes.
They baked up on the same tray and came out really well, if slightly out of focus.
This week I'm experimenting with Buckwheat rolls and some Focaccia for a potential new customer, more of that later. Also I'm having a go at a Sweet Potato Bread, I've boiled and mashed the Potato already. More news later.